Thursday, February 28, 2013

30 day challenge!

Okay, so I came across a few artists that have done this crazy (or so I thought) challenge of doing 100 paintings in 100 days. After spending loads of time browsing through their pages of updates and seeing their progress and what they learned, I thought, hmm...maybe I should do something like that too. I've had millions of ideas rolling around in this head of mine and many of them need experimenting (colors, form, etc.). However, with the spring show season and my school schedule starting soon (April to be exact) I wondered if I could find time to do a painting a day for the next 100 days. Mull it over for a week and I came up with a smaller challenge that will allow me to learn a bit and experiment a bit within a smaller timeframe. Thus the 30 day challenge.

Once a day, starting tomorrow March 1st, I will post the painting I did that day. All of these paintings will be smaller than I normally work (something else I'm trying) and a few will be experimental with materials (paper/canvas/linen?). In general I will be working in oils on canvas and mostly on equestrian subjects. I do allow my attention to divert to other subjects as they beg to be painted though. It is my hope that through this I will learn better how to handle smaller pieces and learn a bit more about color, light, and depth as pertaining to the equine subjects.

I invite you to join along the journey and learn with me! We get started tomorrow!

(All of the paintings from the challenge will be for sale within a few days of appearing on my blog. They will be found on my Etsy shop or you can email me directly about specific paintings).

No comments:

Post a Comment