Monday, April 30, 2012

Mommy moment

Today, I'm having a mommy nostalgic moment. Everyone tells you that babies grow up fast, but they fail to express how fast! My daughter hit the 8 month old mark over the weekend and I'm floored at how quickly that time flew. She can do so much and has changed into this little person with a unique personality!

Sitting up, crawling, feeding herself, and saying dada. It seems like yesterday that we brought her home. I know we have many many more milestones ahead of us and I look forward to each and every one.
I once read a story about a mom that cried at each step of growth her little one made because it was one step away from her. Yet, I don't think this view is actually correct. My daughter is making steps towards her own independence, but this just means that I will become wanted not just necessary. My presence in her life is slowly becoming less 'necessary' and more desired. She won't 'need' me to be here, but chose to and want to have me in her life.
It's a balm of solstice to know that as my daughter grows, so does my relationship with her. Even if she chooses to omit me from parts of her life, I know that our relationship will be like no other relationship either of us will be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment