Sunday, January 6, 2013

New year, New resolutions!

Finally the decorations and holiday craziness is all put away until next Christmas! As the house becomes a place of order, well as much order as a 16 month old little girl will allow it to be, I once again find myself setting my sights on the goals of the new year. Goals I want to share with you.

First, my goals as a parent and mother.

This year I want to go places (like the zoo in Syracuse) with my daughter. I want to show her different experiences this year. Likewise, I can't wait to enjoy some of  the same experiences of last year (like going camping with the Smith family), for though the journey might be similar, as she grows the experiences are never going to be the same! She is going to be 2 this August, and with that will come many more challenges and experiences. Hopefully we can also give her the joy of anticipating a little brother or sister early next year.....

Second, my personal goals.

Starting in April, I am anticipating starting on my Master's degree in English. My goals are to begin this journey and not allow my schoolwork come between me and my passion or job as a mother. I'm excited to take this next step in my education, yet also anticipate its completion!
Another goal for myself is to stick to a daily devotion or bible reading throughout the year. Each year, I have attempted to complete a daily devotion only to fail within the first few weeks or months. It is my goal to make this blog into a personal accounting of this journey through my spiritual endeavors and hope that I can hold myself accountable!

Finally, my business goals.

Last year was the beginning of my art business as I started painting again and got my Etsy shop up and running. Through alot of trial and error, I have found some niche ideas that fit into my passions. Growing as an artist and selling my artwork, it is a goal to expand more and more. I am going to attend more shows this year and attempt to daily develop my skills.

This new year is looking to be a promising year; one full of hope and excitement. Therefore my word for this year is going to be GROWTH. I hope you decide to follow my journey as we see how this word changes and defines 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment