Monday, April 1, 2013

Challenge day 22


Okay, so day 22 and my final day of the month of March. This was such a great learning experience! Yes, I missed hitting my mark of a full 30 paintings, but I've also learned that life is sometimes like that. However, I did accomplish most of my goal and that was to work on my equine painting skills. I've read (somewhere I'm sure) that it takes at least 100 paintings to "master" a technique or skill. Though I am not at 100 (no where near it!) I can see my progress and take heart from it that I am indeed growing!

My spring and summer schedule is full of craft shows and school work (working on my Masters degree). Plus lots and lots of time with my little angel (hopefully at some fun horse events and places where I can take lots of photos!). My full schedule will be posted on my Facebook later this month so you can come see some of these paintings in person!

Also stay posted for painting series culled from the ideas I generated with my challenge. There are a few different series of larger paintings I can't wait to work on! Though they will be a bit slower going, I will definitely work on getting a few done in the next few months.

I enjoyed this challenge a lot. After the show season I'm going to take on another one and work on developing more. Maybe working on some human forms a bit!

All of my paintings are listed on my Etsy shop or you can contact me through Facebook or email to inquire about your favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment