Friday, April 12, 2013

Sons of the Wind "The Dancer"


The first of the Sons of the Wind inspired series! I started with this painting because I just loved this horse. I believe this horse was one of the oldest horses they had at the exhibition. They told us that he is in his late 20s! The average life expectancy of horses is between 25-33, so technically this guy is one of the seniors.

What I loved about this horse though was how focused he was! This painting is of his solo "dance" between the flags in the middle of the arena. It was incredible watching him walk up with Vitor at his side and dance in place. The first time Vitor stood at his shoulder as he danced, but the second time he did it mostly without cue! He actually beat Vitor to the middle of the arena (as if he couldn't wait) and just started doing his dance! I have a photo of Vitor standing somewhat off to the side and behind him laughing because the horse just knew what to do. You could tell both were enjoying themselves and having a great time.

Because of my school schedule, I am slowing down on the paintings. However, my goal is to complete one a week! I will also give you insights into a bit more of what I am learning as I develop the talents God has given me.

Hope you enjoyed!

Also, "Butterflies for Josie" is going into print next week! 10% of the "butterflies" sales will go to St. Jude's Childrens Hospital in support for the research they are doing for children like Josie. Please message me on Facebook, email me, or check my Etsy shop for available prints!

No comments:

Post a Comment