Saturday, April 27, 2013

Sons of the Wind #3


So, here is #3 of my series! A bit different canvas set up with an elongated canvas. I felt this created more visual interest as the horse and rider "fit" a vertical image.

I definitely enjoyed my experiment with the looser style and carried a bit of that over to this painting. The purity of color and texture of the paint is richer using a looser style. However, I am quite a realist and often traditional in my tastes, so I've tightened up this painting more than the last. The balance between tight and loose styles will be a challenge for me to achieve, but I believe it will definitely be worth it in the end!

You can see the #2 painting in the background. I sure enjoy how the pieces work together and can not wait to complete this series! It is my goal to have the series work together as well as the horses and riders did in the exhibition! I feel this will truly attest to the artistry of these riders and the joy of seeing these horses dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment