Friday, March 13, 2015

February's purple Buddies


 
A flash back to February and our purple focus these sister weanlings are great examples. With one black and the other a chestnut we can easily see where spots of purple can enhance the painting. This was a piece that I simply had to do regardless of the month we were in. Honestly though I thought they were perfect with the purple color, I really wanted to work on my idea for the background. I wanted a background that was a field with trees, but not something highly detailed so as to pull from the horses. I had started with this idea when I worked on the deer in the spring piece. I think it worked well here!
This piece is up for grabs, but only for a couple more hours. I have it up on eBay and the auction ends at 9pm EST. So don't delay in placing your bids!
 
Next time I'll show you one of my new ideas and my hopes for my newest learning experience!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment