Tuesday, March 10, 2015

March Blue Close Encounter


 
March here we come! Does this mean Spring is actually going to show up this year!? Yes, I trust the Lord that the seasons will continue and that after winter Spring is coming. However, this winter seemed to drag on forever. When I first moved to Upstate NY I was amazed at how much snow falls here. Literally over night a foot or two can fall and cover the world in a very thick blanket of snow. It certainly makes waking up to a mystery every morning an interesting pastime here. You never know if it will be beautiful, overcast, covered in layers of snow and ice or just simply so stinking cold your nose freezes! My first winter here I wasn't sure whether I was going to like living here or not. The doubts were definitely high. But over the years I've come to enjoy the chance to hibernate during the winter. Hibernation = down time...which means paint time!
 
Speaking of paint time, lets talk about this paint of a Paint. Yes, according to the photographer of the reference photo: Kimberley Smith, this is actually a tobiano paint horse not an Appaloosa. His coloring though was really really unique! You know how I am with unique looking horses, I just had to paint him! March is the month we focus on the color blue. This guy, his name is Freckles, had such beautiful blue eyes. He definitely fits into our month's color selection don't you think?
 
The auction for this piece ends tonight at 10pm EST. Interestingly enough the time change affected the times my auctions end. Yep, still learning this whole eBay thing! It has been a great experience and one I definitely intend on continuing!
 
Remember to follow the link below to place your bids!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment