Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Challenge day 16


Okay, so day 16! Yesterday when I submitted my artwork of the day I was questioning how I could get even better at this. What could I do to make it even more realistic, as if these horses would move and take off! Yes, I am quite the perfectionist, which tends to get annoying at times. However, striving for perfection also pushes me into doing and working harder; therefore sometimes achieving something I didn't think would be possible at the onset.

This painting for day 16 is a painting of a horse named Diesel. He is a shire horse and was photographed by Elaine (a fellow deviant on DeviantArt who is kind enough to provide stock photos to use). I had alot of fun painting him for he is not the typical "beauty" when people think of beautiful horses. Work/heavy horses are often the grunts in the horse world. Yet there is beauty in their strength and gentleness. I definately think we'll be painting him and horses like him again!

All of my paintings are eventually listed on my Etsy site, or you can contact me through email or Facebook to inquire about your favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment