Sunday, March 10, 2013

Challenge day 9


Okay so here is day 9. This is a bit outside of my comfort zone, but was extremely fun! It was such a nice day outside that I couldn't help but want to go outside to paint. So I set up my easel and directed it at my neighbor's house. Its abandoned so didn't think anyone would really mind too much!

Okay, first thing I have to say about painting outside, especially with this much snow still hanging around, is it takes a bit for your eyes to adjust! The white canvas and the white snow blinded me for a good 10 mins! Second thing is, the sunshine was absolutely heavenly!! I was actually a bit sad to go inside when it was done!

Anyways, as you can see this painting is not only unconventional for me because it was painted outside, but also because it is a bit more "loose" than I traditionally do. I was trying to quickly put the scene to canvas and not worry about so much of the tiny details. Think it came out fairly well for it being a first in many ways!
Definately think I'll be doing more plain aire paintings!

All of my paintings shown for these daily challenges are eventually posted on my Etsy site. You can also email or Facebook message me to inquire about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment