Friday, March 22, 2013

Challenge day 17


Okay, so some technical difficulties and a new learning curve (on technology) prevented me from posting this last night, so here it is :) Day 17!

I'm finding that I have a strong pull towards these dark, somewhat mysterious type images. Like this one. Here the Friesian looks like he just stepped out of the darkness. A lot of my paintings have had a dark background with selective lighting. A friend mentioned that it resemble the Old Masters' concept of chiaroscuro where the light directs the eye through the darkness. I didn't have any concept of this when I first started (I knew what the term was, just didn't relate it to my art!), but I do know I have quite the fascination with light and dark.

A bit about this particular painting, this was referenced by another Deviant Art member's stock photos of a Friesian named Baron. Again I think Baron might have to reappear in my work later....possibly paint this again larger? I think he'd look great on 20x20 with a few others like it in similar poses. Series anyone!?

Remember, all of my paintings are eventually listed on my Etsy shop so keep checking for your favorites! Also you can contact me through Facebook or email to inquire about any paintings you see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment