Wednesday, January 21, 2015

January White "Fancy That"


 
Finally! This piece has actually been waiting to be seen since Monday. We've been on the go and then down with the sickies, so I'm finally getting to tell you about it!
 
I found this handsome white Andalusian all dressed in his finest and simply had to paint him. I love this headgear! I honestly could see a knight using a beautiful steed like this to rescue a princess from a dragon...or tower....or any peril! I always loved the whole Camelot and King Arthur legend. Some of my favorite books were books about kings, queens, knights and the court. If it would have been more sanitary, I'd have loved living during that period. Alas the lack of indoor plumbing and basic hygiene would have grossed me out too much! Regardless, I would have loved being swept off my feet by a brave knight riding a horse like this. Okay, I'd have been more enamored of the horse than the knight....but still! To be close to such a majestic animal would definitely inspire the artist in me.
 
Oh and for those that are interested, Monday we went with my mother in law and a handful of the grandkids to the Wild Center in Tupper Lake. It was quite a fun trip, once we got through all the snow. The kids had fun certainly!
This is a picture my mother in law took of the kids looking at fake bear poop (yea gross, but they thought it was cool). I'm holding the baby in the back (that is our little Arianna....she is getting so big!). My daughter, Serenity and her cousins are in the foreground. It was a fun and educational trip!
 
 Next post we are going to get out of the snow (well we have snow here) and go to the beach! It has been a few years since I have let the sand and surf lull me into a blissful stupor, but the memories remain. There is something just so tranquil about the crash of the waves....
 
Remember, each of the paintings listed are posted on Ebay starting at a $0.99 bid. If you see something that you like follow the link at the bottom of the page!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment