Thursday, January 22, 2015

January White "Seas"


 
Here, right here....this is my heaven. Well....add in a beautiful horse and I'm literally set forever. It has always been my dream to ride horseback through the waves and along the beach....maybe at dawn as the sun comes up over the ocean, or dusk as it sets. Honestly I blame this on my mother!
 
Every summer as kids our mom would take us on a vacation. Some years it wasn't a big vacation, maybe a weekend in Lexington and a trip to the Kentucky Horse Park or a day trip to Cedar Point. Other years we went for a week long vacation and many of these were to the ocean. We'd get a beach front hotel room or condo for the week. I remember my mom and I loved sitting out on the little deck to watch as the sun would come up in the morning. The sound of the waves was like a lullaby. Day and night they were always crashing along the surf. Listening to the ocean was like feeling your heart beat. Ever consistent and always there. I miss it terribly.
 
Which is one reason why I chose one of my subjects for the year to be a monthly painting of the sea. My girls are a bit too young to really remember a vacation, so we will wait to take them. Until then I will remember and dream through my paintings. Maybe I'll even add a horse or two this year!
 
Next piece on the easel is also close to my heart. It is a mare and foal sharing a tender moment. One that really resonates as I too watch my little girls growing up before my eyes.
 
Remember, each one of these pieces are listed on eBay starting at the $0.99 bid! If you see something you simply need to add to your collection don't forget to follow the link at the bottom and place your bids!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment