Thursday, January 8, 2015

January white "wildlife"


 
A bit of a late posting tonight. Oh, the trials and challenges of being an artist and a mom! The littlest one decided to be extra needy today. It is always with a mix of frustration and feelings of bliss when I have to devote extra time to keeping her happy. Frustration comes because it is not always easy to know what she is trying to tell me (6 month olds don't really come with manuals). Not to mention that my days are loaded full of necessary chores and tasks that need attention. So stress and frustration, but there is also this undeniable feeling of bliss. Bliss because my little one needs me. She won't always. She won't always want me to hold her or cuddle. She won't always need me to change her, burp her, entertain her, or help her fall asleep. So I try to stave off the frustration and stress, and just live in the bliss. Its not easy, but I try.
 
On that note, here is the piece I have done for today. Our January White "wildlife" piece, quite possibly a young mother herself. Since my color challenge this month is white, I thought that a white-tailed deer would be perfect. White tails are perfect examples of how a little splash of color can make a big impact. White is one of those colors that can draw attention. On a solid black wall, three spots of white paint will be seen immediately and can hold our attention. White-tailed deer use their tails as flags of warning. This is why when they dart away from you all you see is a flash of white as they bound away.
 
With that, this momma is going to finally put an end to this day. Tomorrow we have a painting of "Buddies". Check in to see what buddies I find for our 7th January painting!
 
Remember, each one of these pieces are listed on eBay. All you have to do is follow  the link at the bottom of the post and place your bids!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment