Wednesday, January 7, 2015

January White "Seasonal"


 
Day 5! Well, this piece was fitting for today. Last night old man winter decided that we needed some snow and dumped about two feet over night! Yesterday morning I saw grass and this morning it was a winter wonderland. Oh how I love winter.....
 
No actually, here in upstate NY winter is something I had to adjust to. Where I grew up in Ohio our winters occasionally had snow, but it never lasted longer than a week, maybe two. Now I am lucky if the snow doesn't stick around for six months! I could go on and on about the trials that winter can create when snow and ice stick around forever. However, as I was driving around in the snow this morning, I remembered why I actually do like winter at times. It was quiet because the roads were pretty bad even though the snow had actually stopped coming down. Everything was covered in a layer of fresh white powder. It was magical and breathtaking. If it wasn't so darn cold I would have wanted to be out playing in it.
 
Which brings me to our piece for the day. These horses are having fun playing in the snow! The buckskin paint is a stallion named CW Gold's River and is a very inspiring subject. Kim Stambaugh takes some awesome photos of him and his pasture mates, like the photo I used as reference here. I really just loved the snow they were tossing up and how fuzzy and warm they looked in their winter coats. I really wonder what they think of when it snows. Do they get excited like a child does about playing in the snow or irritated like a parent that has to drive in it?
 
Either way this was a great piece for today and perfect for the topic of "seasonal". Tomorrow we are going "wild" so check back to see what I found.
 
Remember, all of these pieces are listed on eBay! You can follow the link below to place your bids! I wish you luck! Until tomorrow :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment