Sunday, January 11, 2015

January White "Buddies"


 
Well here we are, a couple days past when these buddies should have been posted, but here at last! I had planned on getting these boys painted Friday, but the snow storm got in the way. So...a couple days later and here they are, our "Buddies"!
 
If you follow my art you have seen these boys before. They are Holley Underhill's two horses, one a gelding and the other a stallion. When I first ran across Holley through our Equine Artists page on Facebook, both of these boys were stallions. She graciously allowed us to use some of her photos and I can't help but come back to these two time and time again. They look like brothers, but are not related in any way! For two stallions, they act like the bestest of friends. The relationship between the two horses is just amazing and I simply love painting them because of it. I mean how many stallions, that are not related, would you find head to head like this? Amazing!
 
They are one reason I chose a subject matter for my monthly challenges called "buddies". It should be fun to see what happens at the end of the year when I have completed each month's challenge and what I can compile for each subject! I definitely think these two will be future "buddies" paintings!
 
Tomorrow's piece will be "flowers". I believe I have the perfect white lilies sketched out and ready to go. Oh how I wish there were lilies out there now! So miss my flowers under all this snow. Definitely going to plant many many more this spring. Might have to include some lilies!
 
Remember, each one of these pieces are posted on eBay starting at $.99. Our "January Buddies" listing will be active for a week starting tonight. So don't forget to follow the link and place your bids! Maybe you could be the one at the end of the year with a whole series of "Buddies"!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment