Friday, January 23, 2015

January White "Babies"


 
I really should call this piece, A Mother's Love....Oh well! Maybe that will be its "nickname". A few months ago Avitul Timur posted the reference picture for this in the Facebook group Equine Artists. We were allowed to use it in our art, and so, a few months later, here is mine! It took me awhile, but I was only partially inspired until I found this oval canvas. This canvas makes this piece simply spectacular!
 
This piece is truly special to me. The connection between a mother and her baby is something amazing. I never really understood how someone could love another person with all of their being....until I had my daughters. You might get tired of hearing about them, but I can't help it. They are the reason I do what I do. Every time I feel like I want to just put my art on hold or even feel like I just don't want to paint today, they are the reason I keep at it. I push because I want my daughters to know that dreams exist and can be achieved. That no matter what, they should reach out and grab their dreams with both hands. I want them to be dreamers and to live their lives to the fullest.
 
I can imagine that this pretty mare is just enjoying the presence of her little one. Protecting her as much as she can at this point in their lives. Giving her both guidance and strength. I've always loved watching mares and foals. The foals are always full of life. Their curiosity and exuberance truly intoxicating. Though their mothers do "play" a bit, more often than not they are the steadfast rocks that are there when the foal trips up. Something scares the baby, it immediately runs to hide behind its mother. She gives her baby security, love, and grace. Truly one of the most magical relationships we ever experience and/or witness.
 
Next piece on the easel is one of dance. Dressage has always seemed to me to be a choreographed dance between horse and rider. So our next subject "Lets Dance" is one that will show some of these fancy moves and the beautiful partners of horse and rider.
 
Remember, all of the pieces listed here are listed on eBay at the $0.99 initial bid. If you see something that must be added to your collection, don't forget to follow the link at the bottom and place your bids!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment